The Sitka Sound Science Center is hiring for a temporary full-time Retail Manager who would be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the gift shop. Starting May 1st through September 30th, $14 per hour.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Setting up the store before the tourist season begins, maintaining a current inventory system, and closing down the store in the fall.
– Displaying and stocking merchandise.
– Maintaining a clean and organized storefront.
– Monitoring sales and ensuring appropriate levels of inventory are on hand.
– Interacting positively with all visitors
– Handling cash, check, and credit card transactions.
– Ensuring sales receipts match transactions, making regular deposits.
– Prepare reports as requested by SSSC Board, Executive Director, or Business Director.
– Assisting with admissions or giving tours as needed.
– Providing general support to other areas of the organization as needed.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Punctuality and appropriate dress (warm clothes, rubber boots, clothing without holes, etc.).
– Appropriately handling cash and credit card transactions, making change, and balancing a cash drawer.
– Check in and out on time, and be a positive representative of the SSSC.
Send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com, attention to:
Rachel Klein, Assistant Director, Sitka Sound Science Center, 834 Lincoln Street, Sitka AK 99835